The job of a web designer is all about a perfect combination of technical know-how and creativity than just an educational qualification. Therefore, it is very important to have a highly enriched resume loaded with capabilities and talents.
Here are some basic guidelines to create a resume for a web designer job:
1. Firstly, select an appropriate resume format. Add on the basic information like the contact details, your full name, and your email id.
2. Then state an objective that should be short and expressive with clearly explaining your special area of expertise. In the objective also mention the reason why you are opting for this position and what are you looking for in this specified job.
3. List your work history with all the roles and responsibilities taken over in each of the previous jobs. Highlight any special projects if handled in any of the previous jobs.
4. When it comes to designing, it is a challenging task to express your credentials and capabilities in words. In such a case it is wise and fruitful to make a CD of your work samples and send along the resume. You can also choose to list few links with some of your best web designs.
5. List your skills and talents in clear words. Also make a mention of all the accomplishments and milestones achieved in the previous job or in any of the self-employed projects.
6. There are few who work as freelance web designers and are now looking for a permanent full-time job. In such a case, your expertise and experience in the self-employed job should be clearly expressed with a supporting CD or few links.
7. Keep yourself stand out from the crowd. Being a web designer you can shift your resume font from normal Arial and Times Roman to other simple yet elegant fonts like the Georgia. There are many other font options you can play around with to get the best designer resume but make sure you don’t use too much of a fancy font.
8. The job of a designer is a creative job, so show your creativity and imagination in the resume.
9. Always put across few references to help employers be assured of your reliability and your value in the job market.
10. Watch out the competition and be smart enough to win over each along the path.